Several renowned names on the global creative stage will enthrall the advertising and brand communications industry when the Loeries Creative Week broadcasts its virtual event from Johannesburg, South Africa between 16 to 20 November 2020.
Key issues facing the industry will be on the agenda as leaders from across the globe ponder the current situation and examine strategies to #CreateChange for good, while confronting misrepresentation, transformation, diversity, gender disparity and a range of topics impacting the brand communication industry.
The keynote addresses, discussions and debates will be shown across three channels: Loeries Presents, Loeries Conversations and Loeries Engage.
More than 75 hours of content will be broadcast during the week and the panel of speakers and judges for the Africa and the Middle East’s authoritative discourse on brand communication, is made up of global leading experts in the creative world, including:
- Dr Rebecca Swift, who is an authority on visual trends in advertising and a winner of more than 30 international awards including a Glass Lion at Cannes. She has a doctorate in photography and heads the Creative Insights team that sets the content strategy for Getty Images.
- Jess Weiner, a respected author, educator and inspiring public speaker, is regarded at the “go to authority” on women, girls and confidence. She was named by Forbes as one of the “14 Power Women to Follow” on Twitter and described by Fast Company as one of the most creative people in Business in the areas of Diversity and Education.
- Iain Thomas is a creative director also feted as one of the world’s most popular poets having sold hundreds of thousands of books. His work has been read to the British Royal Family, quoted by Steven Spielberg, Moby and Camilla Cabello amongst others. His work appears in books by Arianna Huffington, Dawn French and more.
- Dennis Lüeck, is the most awarded creative in Switzerland and the current Swiss Advertiser of the Year, and Chief Creative Officer and co-owner of Jung von Matt/Limmat, which has now topped Switzerland’s creative rankings table for three years in a row.
- Nicholas Hulley, Executive Creative Director of AMV BBDO is responsible for genre-bending, culture-shaping work along with his creative partner. His work has won multiple Cannes Grand Prix’s and Titanium’s as well as a D&AD Black Pencil. His joint work is displayed in the permanent collections of the British Museum and the Design Museum.?
- Katherina Tudball, Creative Director, Superunion London. Katherina’s passionate advocacy for diversity in creativity has been recognised by D&AD’s members, who elected her to the Board of Trustees in 2016. Katherina has been awarded two silver Cannes Lions for her work on Shakespeare’s Globe as well as a D&AD yellow pencil and a silver Cannes Lion for rebranding BBC2.
- Alan Kelly, CCO of Rothco where he has served in various roles over the past 10 years. Alan has won Cannes Lions (including a prestigious Grand Prix), D&AD and One Show pencils and Grand Clios. He has also judged at Cannes Lions, D&AD, Dubai Lynx, LIAs, One Show, & Clios.
“The brand communication industry has had a year without the creative insights it needs to maintain the creativity required by consumers. This year the Loeries Creative Week will be a platform to not just recognise and reward great talent, from across Africa and the Middle East, but also bring the best in global learnings to everyone in the region,” said Loeries CEO Preetesh Sewraj.
Mindful of the challenges posed by Covid-19, the organiser’s of the Loeries have kept prices affordable with per person prices at less than the cost of a simple lunch.
Tickets are on sale via loeries.com with several packages on offer for students, freelancers and corporates, aimed at ensuring that the premier initiative to recognise and reward creative excellence is matched by a line-up of global industry luminaries.
Early bird tickets are available until 15th October with Standard price tickets available post this date leading up to the event. A special XL Agency ticket will be available until 1 November.
To book tickets for the Africa and Middle East showpiece visit www.loeries.com#CreateChange.
Stay abreast of all things creative @sacreatives