Santam Woman Of the Future Awards are opening award entries tomorrow in an effort to celebrate South Africa’s most enterprising minds.
Santam, FAIRLADY and TRUELOVE are looking for the most impactful, resilient and inspiring female entrepreneurs in the country. Whether they’ve just started a new business or have been running their own business for a while, the award is open to all woman who have demonstrated entrepreneurial capabilities.
Now in its eighth year, the awards have become a well-known, prestigious accolade for women-owned businesses, not only contributing to the further success of the winning enterprises but also garnering them international recognition. The awards are an opportunity to recognise and celebrate the most incredible female entrepreneurs in South Africa.
‘This year’s awards come at a critical point in our country and economy,’ says TRUELOVE editor Makhosazana Zwane-Siguqa. ‘We’ve been through the shock of a worldwide pandemic; it was a first for our generation and, quite simply, the worst trauma we have had to live through. For women entrepreneurs in particular, it was life-changing. Businesses that have survived the past two years or launched over this period need all the support they can get.”
How It Works
Entrepreneurs can enter one of three categories:
- The Santam Woman of the Future title is awarded to an entrepreneur aged 30 or older whose business is more than 1 000 days old and who is well on her way to establishing an extensive enterprise.
- The Santam Rising Star title is awarded to an entrepreneur between 16 and 30 years old who is still within her first 1 000 days, but whose business, our judges believe, will flourish way beyond them.
- The Santam Social Entrepreneur title is awarded to an entrepreneur aged 30 or older who is making a real difference in her community. Her business/social enterprise/NPO has survived the first 1 000 days.
- R100 000 in cash to the Woman of the Future and R60 000 in cash each to the Rising Star and the Social Entrepreneur from Santam
- A full-page advertisement in FAIRLADY or TRUELOVE to promote the business, social enterprise or NPO
- An hour’s invaluable mentorship with one of our judges
- A one-year supply of African Extracts Rooibos skincare products (beauty partner), worth R7 500
- A make-up hamper from CATRICE (makeup partner), worth R4 500
- A GetSmarter online short course, worth R14 900
- Leather accessories from Zemp, worth R5 000
- Business printing from Lithotech, worth R5 000
- A Michael Kors-branded women’s watch, worth R4 399, from American Swiss, worth R4 399
- A Samsonite StackD Spinner Expandable carry-on (55cm), worth R3 999
- Three pairs of Baker sunglasses from Execuspecs, worth R5 397
Head to https://womenofthefuture.co.za/ to enter or to nominate an entrepreneur. Entries open on 21 April 2022 and close on 20 June 2022.