YouTube has announced a list of the top-performing advertisements on the platform in South Africa for 2020, with Sensodyn’s Take Control with Sensodyne Sensitivity & Gum taking the top spot.
Thanks to recent Covid-related restrictions, Vodacom’s Together #StayConnected ad (which depicts ordinary South Africans separated by the pandemic, yet connected by Vodacom) was produced by a team working remotely and based on just one director’s treatment presented via video conference. The scenes were all shot by the creative team’s industry-friends in the industry, in their own homes with their family members as cast. This back-story reflects not only the creative concept but also the reality that we currently face as South Africans.
Telkom’s Monate Summer is a vibrant 10-second ad celebrating Telkom Mobile’s 10th year anniversary with R100m in prizes for customers who sign up for contracts or pre-paid Sim cards.
Ad ranking is determined by an algorithm that factors in organic and paid views, watch time and audience retention over the period between 1 January 2020 to 1 December 2020.
- Sensodyne – Take Control with Sensodyne Sensitivity & Gum
- Vodacom – Together #StayConnected
- Telkom – Monate Summer
- Hippo.co.za – Could it get worse in an elevator? Yes!
- KFC – Tune into Family Time with our All in One Plus!
- Buscopan – Undo the knot. Embrace your life
- Samsung – Galaxy Z Fold 2. The next one unfolds
- Essentiale Extreme – Essentiale® Extreme | Stress
- Redbull – Red Bull Table
- Nissan – Break free with Nissan X-Trail
Stay abreast of all things creative @sacreatives